Wednesday, December 12, 2012

BOOKCASE ENTRYWAYS/DIVIDERS

I have always loved the idea of a bookcase entryway/ wall divider bookcase.  I love that it is both functional and aesthetically pleasing to the eye.  I love how it frames out a doorway.  So I thought I would share with you some great pics for inspiration:







I love how this frames out the fireplace.


This pic is one of my all time favourite entryways.  I love the detail.  I love how the shelves are not only great eye candy but they are very functional as well





True Craftsman detail.  This is how you do it my friends.  Charming and amazing!!
















The two previous pics are some of my fav's.  I love all of the trim detail.  The wood detail above the fireplace,  and I of course love the wall colour---- Benjamin  Moore Wythe Blue HC-143!  One of my all time fav's!!









This little lovely is in a basement!!  One would hardly think they were in a basement with all of this detail! 

I hope you have enjoyed this little eye candy today.
Have a great day everyone.
Megan

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the lovely gallery! I tend to prefer interiors that are a bit lightened up versions of the darker colors of some original homes. But to me, a nearly all white interior seems cold and institutional even.

    I especially like craftsman kitchens with painted cabinets in a white or light to medium colors, rather than dark wood cabinets. In my research, most Craftsman era homes had painted cabinets–usually a white shade–as they tend to be easier to keep clean.

    ReplyDelete